Long Veterinary Clinic's, an Animal Hospital in Kearney, Missouri, theme since 2004 has been change. We have brought to life an old facility by adding new technology, new equipment, new services and new ideas. For those of you passing by the clinic; facility upgrades and changes have been obvious. However, the biggest changes extend beyond a coat of fresh paint and some new equipment.
Long Veterinary Clinic once served the local community's needs; whether it was small animal, equine or bovine medical, surgical and/or emergency services. With our recent changes and a willing staff, Long Veterinary Clinic is once again poised to perform these services.
Long Veterinary Clinic offeres comprehensive medical and surgical services for your companion animals, equine athletes and livestock. These services range from routine preventative health programs to more complicated diagnostic and surgical procedures.
Dr. Leighr and his staff are dedicated to the Kearney community. Dr. Leighr co-sponsors an Adopt A Pet program with Orscheln's Farm and Home. Since 2004, thousands of pets have found their "forever homes". In addition, Dr. Leighr teaches 4H Vet Science and mentors high school and college students. Several of his students have attended the Maple Woods Community College's Veterinary Technician Program, University of Missouri College of Veterinary Medicine and Kansas State Veterinary College.
What's New In 2013:
What Happened in 2012:
1. We began construction on a new small animal boarding and grooming facility. The new facility offers spacious runs, a large grooming room and kennels for boarding dogs. The old grooming facility was converted into a Cats Only kennel. This additional space frees up our Small Animal Hospital for more surgery and medical cases. Chelsea, our groomer, now offers grooming full time.
2. Dr. Leighr attended the Missouri Veterinary Medical Association's Meeting in St. Charles, Missouri. This meeting offered Continuing Education Classes in Equine, Bovine and Small Animal Medicine and Surgery. In July, Dr. Leighr attended the American Association of Equine Practitioners Focus Meeting on Equine Respiratory Disease in Salt Lake City, Utah. This meeting was absolutely the most comprehensive and practical meeting on Respiratory Disease he has ever attended.
Long Veterinary Clinic offers the following services:
2. Small Animal Dentistry (small animal medical services)
3. Portable Digital Radiology (Radiology)
4. Portable Digital Ultrasound
5. Digital Endoscopy
6. Mobile Veterinary Services (equine)
7. Equine Breeding Services (equine)
8. Comprehensive Preventative Medicine Programs for Equine, Bovine and Small Animals (prevent med)
9. Abrazo Pet Grooming: (Grooming)
10. Equine and Small Animal Chiropractic Care: Dr. Kristine Strouf has joined us on Friday afternoons. Dr. Strouf uses the Veterinary Orthopedic Manipulation (VOM) technique to treat lameness, hip dysplasia, diseases of the knee, digestive disorders, performance problems, behavioral problems, agility dysfunction and many more. The VOM teechnique can be used on all sizes of animals. This includes animals such as dogs, cats and horses. For more information or to schedule and appointment please call 816-436-7500.
We look forward to serving your Small Animal, Equine and Bovine needs at our Animal Hospital in Kearney, Missouri.
CHECK US OUT ON FACEBOOK